ESOL Assessment Session
What courses are available?
- Pre-entry ESOL - For people who have no English at all and wish to start learning the language.
- ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages) - Supporting speakers of other languages to develop their English language skills for work, further learning or everyday life.
- ESOL workshops - Short workshops running at different levels throughout the year to improve your English skills.
All places will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
How can I apply?
To register on an English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) course please call our admissions team on 01923 812345 to enquire more about our courses and book an assessment session. You will need to attend an assessment session in college to decide the course and level that is best for you.
What do I need to bring with me to the assessment?
Please remember to bring the following documents and your fees, as you will be unable to enrol without them:
- British Passport (and visa if required)
- National ID card
We understand that it is sometimes difficult for students to prove that they have been ordinarily resident in the relevant place for the required period. The following are examples of documents that may provide evidence of residence if you lack the usual required documentation:
- permanent residency document
- if you were a student during the three-year period: letters from schools, colleges or universities confirming attendance
- if you were employed during the three-year period: letters from employers confirming dates of employment; wage slips; (if relevant area is UK and Islands) P60s or a letter from HMRC confirming payment of taxes
- utility bills; official correspondence (e.g. from bank); credit card statements
- other: letters from Jobcentre plus confirming receipt of jobseeker’s allowance, or other benefits; council tax notices
If any of the above is unclear, or you require further assistance please contact our admissions team on 01923 812345.
What will happen in the assessment session?
- You will complete activities to assess your skill level
- You will be sent a letter offering an appropriate course
During your assessment you will need to be in College for up to three hours so we kindly ask you to make alternative childcare arrangements and not bring children to College.
When are the next assessment sessions?
Please call our Admissions team on 01923 812345 to enquire more about our courses and book an assessment session.