All students enrolled on this course are required to have intermediate computer skills.
What will I study?
During the course you will be learning skills in:
- Installing hardware and software
- Identify faults with POST diagnostics
- Configure CMOS
- Trouble shooting CMOS problems
- Working with DOS commands
- Create and maintain system files
- Speed up disk using Defragmentation and Disk caching
- Recover lost files and directories
- Detect, treat and protect virus infection
- Diagnosing used and free Interrupt
- Installing operating systems
- Add and remove software and hardware
- Setting up a network
- Install application via network share
- Mapping network drive
Employment opportunities exist as computer technicians or as helpdesk support staff.
This course opens up a host of career opportunities. To find out more visit the National Careers Service.