You don't need any formal qualifications to complete this course and instead will be invited to complete an online competency test following your application. Perfect if you are a beginner with an ambition to work in web design or are currently working in industry and want to gain a qualification to enhance your career prospects.
What will I study?
The qualification purpose is to upskill those already working in a website development role but also to offer learners with no previous experience in programming a pathway to employment in this occupational area. This includes the modules below:
• User Centric Frontend Development
• Interactive Frontend Development
• Data Centric Development
• Full Stack Frameworks with Django
Assessments are portfolio based. The qualification is awarded as Pass/Merit/Distinction.
On completion of the qualification learners are competent to work in the following roles:
• Junior/Associate Full Stack Developer
• Junior/Associate Frontend Developer
• Junior/Associate Backend Developer
• Junior/Associate Software Developer
• Junior/Associate QA Engineer
• Support Engineer
Areas of potential future specialisation/study include:
• Frontend Frameworks.
• Systems Administration
• Data Analytics
• QA Engineering
• User Experience
• DevOps Engineering