Broaden your knowledge of IT with this Level 2 diploma that specialises in wide-ranging subjects across computer systems, hardware and software. IT is an ever-changing industry full of possibilities and this course will build your skills and understanding preparing you for further study.
3 GCSEs (A*-D/9-3), including English and maths, or the Level 1 diploma. You will also be required to attend a course introduction meeting.
Don't meet the grades? Take a look at the Level 1 Diploma for IT Users for a solid understanding of key areas, you will be able to progress to the Level 2 upon successful completion.
What will I study?
The focus is on a range of up-to-date subjects including:
• Technology systems - understand different types of software and how the components of technology systems work together
• Computer networks - explore the features and uses of computer networking, design, develop and test a computer network
• Software development - understand the characteristics and uses of a software program, design, develop and test a software program
• Installing and maintaining computer hardware - learn to install, maintain and test hardware in a technology system
• Computational thinking - explore mathematical methods for calculations and their uses in computational thinking and apply computational thinking to solve a simple problem
• Database development - design, develop, test and review a relational database
In line with new Government policies, to make sure the UK is prepared for a world where almost every role will need an element of digital skills by 2023, this qualification will now factor in basic and general digital skills. These skills are specifically required for IT job roles across the economy and will ensure you are prepared for demanding job roles.
- Future Prospects