In this section

Your questions answered

To make it as simple as possible to sign up for a course you'll love we've collected the most commonly asked questions from the 'Got A Question?' section of our site. 

If there is anything you're not sure about or would like to find out more about College life or a particular course please do give us a call on 01923 812345.

How many days a week am I in college?

It depends on the course, but for full-time Level 1,2 or 3 courses it generally works out to be about 3.5 days a week. That means you can work part-time or catch up with your studies.

Can I do more than one BTEC?

A Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma is the equivalent to 3 A-Levels - so you’ll have your hands full with just the one. Plus specialising in something you love is a great way to set yourself up for your preferred career or a place at university.

Is it too late to apply?

Of course not! The application process is ongoing at WHC. Sign up now for September. Drop in to any campus, give us a call on 01923 812345 or, even quicker, simply apply online.

Can I apply for more than one course?

If you are undecided you can apply for two full-time courses.

What is One Stop Shop?

Our One Stop Shop is where you can visit any of our 3 campuses and sign up for a course starting this September. Dropping into our One Stop Shop allows you to explore our wide range of courses, receive advice from our expert tutors, and secure your place on the perfect course for you.

Do I have to pay for the kit if I study a Hair and Beauty or Hospitality and Catering course?

Yes, we do provide students with a kit list and the best place to buy it. Student Support can help if you need help with financial costs. You will be made aware of these costs before you enrol, so there won't be any surprises.

Do you help with travel costs?

Student support can help with travel costs. For more info on discounted travel click here or

Can I go to University with a BTEC?

Yes, absolutely! A Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma is the equivalent to 3 A-Levels and a Distinction in your chosen course can add up to 360 UCAS points.

Does the college help with work experiences?

The college runs GAP, which places students in different work experiences. Students must complete at least 30 hours, which allows you to improve particular skills and gain valuable experience in your desired industry. 

GAP is part of your course, and you can find out more here.

What if I need additional learning support?

Many of our students benefit from additional learning support (ALS). We can help you along with your course and it is 100% confidential. Please give us a call on 01923 812345 if you would like to speak to someone about the support on offer at college.

What happens if I don’t get all of the GCSE grades I need for the course I have been offered?

Don’t worry we can still help. Speak to Student Support as soon as possible and we can try to find the best course for you.

What can I do with my free time at college?

You can catch up on work in the LRC, and browse social network sites on our computers. You can also relax in our Breakout Spaces, the café and the canteen at all of our campuses.

What is clearing?

Clearing is how universities and colleges fill any places they still have on their courses. For more info visit:

Higher Education at WHC?

Our Foundation degrees and HNDs offer the most affordable HE options available. We offer small class sizes, fantastic facilities and course modules specifically designed to set you up for employment.

How do I apply for student finance for Foundation degrees or HNDs?

Your loan is taken out with Student Finance England. To find out more visit