West Herts College Covid-19 Higher Education Hardship Fund
Financial support has been made available to students studying on a Higher Education course and have suffered financial hardship as a direct result of Covid-19.
Those on a University of Hertfordshire degree can also access funding through the University’s hardship fund, please visit the University’s website for more information.
The fund will be administered in line with conditions outlined on the application form.
The closing date for applications will be Friday, 5 March 2021 at 5pm.
Applications will be assessed by the Learner Support Funding team funds can be awarded depending on personal circumstances and evidence provided.
Students can apply more than once for help from the fund but usually only where circumstances change.
All applications should be supported by evidence of circumstances where possible, although this should be kept to the minimum necessary to verify the information provided.
Evidence could include:
- Student Finance England entitlement summary from on-line account;
- Evidence of other student income (This should include HE bursaries, or income from other funding bodies such as the NHS and the Health and Care Professions Council (HPC))
- Where appropriate, the assessment notice for any means-tested benefits or tax credits
- Bank statements covering the most recent month wherever possible for all accounts held.
- Evidence of savings accounts, ISAs, trusts etc.
- Course-related costs
- Variable expenditure evidence, including housing and childcare costs
The deadline for the Covid-19 Hardship Fund is 5 March, 2021 at 5pm
If you have any questions then please call us on 01923 812345.