Our Travel students visit the Emirates Aviation Experience in Greenwich
The Emirates Aviation Experience is the first of its kind globally. This unique experience provided students with an insight into the world of modern commercial aviation and the opportunity to take to the skies in a flight simulator.
Students took part in a number of activities including…
- Sitting back in a replica A380 economy seat and finding out what happens ‘behind-the-scenes’ on the aircraft during a long-haul flight
- Exploring the pilot’s world in the A380
- Carrying out safety demonstrations
- Taking to the skies in a flight simulator
- Taking off and landing A380’s and Boeing 777’s at different airports and under different weather conditions
Students experienced the pressure of working on the ramp as a dispatcher and identified the constraints when servicing an A380 for a full flight from Dubai international airport.
They also had the opportunity to interact with current cabin crew and discovered what it means to work for Emirates. They were shown how to reach their full potential at interview and were given some helpful hints and tips in securing jobs as cabin crew!
Take a look at our students in action..
Nadine Jenkins, a former student at West Herts College now works for Emirates Airlines.
Nadine spoke highly of her job, saying: “People do say it’s hard and intense, and yes it is, but I’ve enjoyed myself. I now have a lot of knowledge of aircraft, and it’s been so interesting getting to know things. You make so many friends from all over the world here. If anyone from West Herts is thinking about becoming cabin crew, I would definitely recommend doing it!”
Could you see yourself working in the aviation industry? Explore our travel courses by clicking here