Is studying a degree with West Herts College right for you?
Whatever you want to achieve and wherever you’re starting from, we’re here to help with an exciting range of courses designed to boost your career prospects.
West Herts College is part of the Hertfordshire Higher Education Consortium. We work in partnership with the University of Hertfordshire to bring you excellent teaching, great facilities and support right on your doorstep.
What courses are available?
We offer a range of full and part-time study options, so you can balance learning with work or family commitments. Classes are small, so you’ll receive plenty of support and your personal tutor will make sure you get all the advice you need on everything from coursework to careers.
Click here to apply for one of our Higher Education courses.
Financial support and help
Full and part-time higher education students are eligible for a loan to cover the costs of tuition fees.
For more information about HE loans visit Student Finance England.
How does the Hertfordshire Consortium benefit you?
As a Consortium student, not only will you have full access to West Herts College resources and facilities but you’ll also have access to the University of Hertfordshire.
Based on two campuses in Hatfield, UoH has first-class student facilities, including state-of-the-art, 24/7 Learning Resources Centres and an extensive sports centre (details listed below).
There’s also the Forum, one of the county’s top entertainment venues. It’s home to an impressive 1,500-capacity auditorium, a stylish bar, restaurant and a coffee bar with free WiFi.
Sport and exercise facilities made available to you will include:
• 110-station health and fitness centre with the latest equipment
• 25m, 8-lane indoor pool
• 12-court sports hall with sprung wooden floor for badminton, basketball, netball, volleyball and indoor football
• 12m high climbing wall
• 4-net purpose-built indoor cricket hall
• 3 grass football pitches and a rugby pitch
• 2 floodlit third generation artificial pitches for football and rugby
• A floodlit sand-dressed artificial turf pitch for hockey
• 2 hard courts for tennis, netball or 5-a-side football
• 2 squash courts
• A physiotherapy and sports injury clinic