Clearing Guide 2019
So, what is clearing?
Clearing is the way in which we fill any open places on our courses. If you’re thinking about applying to West Herts College through clearing, we have a variety of courses that may interest you. Click here to explore our courses.
You can use clearing if:
• You’re applying after the 30 June
• You didn’t receive any offers, or changed your mind on the courses you applied to
• You didn’t meet the conditions of your offers
If you haven’t already applied, you need to register on the UCAS website and make an application. You can apply for our courses using clearing from the 5 July to the 23 October, as long as you’re not currently holding an offer from another University or College. If you have any questions about the clearing process or the courses we offer, you can contact us directly on 01923 812345.
New for 2019 – Online self-release
This year, if you have applied through UCAS, you have more control over your application. You no longer need to contact your university or college in order to be released into clearing. Instead, you have the power to do this yourselves. The process of online self-release is simple, although it does include a number of warnings to ensure applicants understand the decision they are making, which are as follows:
• Sign into Track, click the ‘Decline my place’ button
• You are then taken to a page which will explain the decision you are making, before confirming this decision
• Finally, you will receive an email confirming you have entered clearing
For more information regarding online self-release you can visit the UCAS website, or check out this video: