How do I get a CAS?
We will email you a statement containing your CAS number within 6 months of the start date of the course once you have fulfilled all of the requirements on the checklist below:
- Been made an unconditional offer of a place. If you have been given a conditional offer, you will need to meet the terms of your offer before a CAS can be issued
- Accepted your offer
- Provided a recent reference:
At least one reference is required from all international students that apply for a CAS number. This is a letter from your personal tutor or a previous teacher which explains your skills and experience in relation to the course you are applying for.
This must be written in English, signed and provided on official letter headed paper. We cannot accept references on a plain Word document. All references must be recent and preferably academic in nature. If your application was accepted on the basis of your work experience, then we will accept a reference from your employer in lieu of this.
Please note – We are unable to contact referees on behalf of students, therefore it is your responsibility to obtain a reference and send it directly to us as part of your application for a CAS number.
- Sent clear, colour copies of your Certificates and transcripts which were used as part of your application. Details of these will be listed on your CAS and so must also be provided at your visa application
- Sent a clear copy of your passport
- Sent your English Language test results (IELTS academic)
- While it is not required to receive a CAS number, it is helpful to your VISA application if you are able to pay your fees in full and upfront. You may be eligible for a payment plan to manage your fees on a smaller basis, contact our admissions team by email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss eligibility.
of Full-time students would recommend West Herts College - the highest score in Hertfordshire!