In this section

Course Questions

Can I do more than one BTEC?

A BTEC Extended Diploma is the equivalent to 3 A Levels, so you will already have your hands full with just the one! You will also be working on your English and maths skills and completing work experience too.

Can I go to university with a BTEC?

Yes, absolutely! An advanced BTEC is the equivalent to 3 A Levels and a Distinction in your chosen course can add up to 168 UCAS points (according to the new tariff).

Does the College help with work experiences?

The College offers GAP experiences, which place students in work experience where they will be busy completing tasks and projects. Some courses also incorporate work experience in to the study programme.

What happens if I don’t get all of my GCSEs for the course I have been offered?

Don’t worry we can still help. Speak to Student Support as soon as possible and we can try to find the best course that would suit you. 

What is Clearing?

Clearing is how universities and colleges fill any places they still have on their courses.  Find more info here

HE at West Herts College?

Our Foundation degrees and HNDs offer the most affordable HE options available. We offer small class sizes and fantastic facilities.

Can’t find the answer you need? Contact us, we will aim to get back to you within 24 hours



full-time students would recommend West Herts College to a friend