- Entry Criteria
This course is suitable and appropriate for the absolute beginner as well as those wishing to further develop their knowledge in the subject.
- What will I study?
The course includes the following:
• Model with Marzipan ‘A Woodland Scene’
• Decorate a Sponge Cake with Butter Cream Stars
• Cover a Sponge Cake with Sugar Paste and Decorate (Crumb Coat)
• Cover a Drum with Sugar Paste/Cover a Drum around a Cake
• Cover a Fruit Cake with Marzipan & Sugar Paste
• Flower Paste Roses and Leaves and Decorate & Flower Paste Roses and Leaves (non-wired)
• Marzipan Roses and Leaves
• Pastillage Box
• Levelling Cakes
• Piping with Royal Icing (make greaseproof paper icing bags)
• Ribbons and Bows
• Frilling Technique-for sides of cakes
A white coat, chef's whites or other appropriate protective clothing will be required, plus tools and materials as specified by your Tutor.
A College Certificate listing the skills and techniques acquired will be awarded on successful completion of the course.
- Future Prospects
Students passing level 1 can progress to level 2.