Find An Apprentice
Calling all employers – apprentices can help your business
Apprentices are motivated, learn on the job and develop skills and knowledge directly relevant to your business. Trust us, we know. We employ our own apprentices and working with them has been a revelation.
Talk to us
If you're interested in finding out more then leave your details on our enquiry form and someone from our team will get back in touch with you.
Click here to enquire
What are apprenticeships?
Apprenticeships are work-based training programmes built around your business needs. The programmes are designed for both new and existing employees and learning takes place on the job. Our assessors work with employers and regularly visit apprentices on the job to complete assessments and monitor progress.
Apprentices of all ages have made an active choice to learn and are committed to a specific career. The programme is an effective way of training the kind of employees your business needs.
Depending on your business, training can take between one and four years to complete, after which you’ll have a fully trained and motivated member of staff who has developed their skills around your business priorities. These qualifications include industry specific technical certificates as well as essential skills in communications, English, maths and IT.
Why take on an apprentice
- £2,000 bonus for every new 16-18 year old apprentice before 31 March 2021
- £1,000 bonus for every new 16-18 year old apprentice
- Apprenticeships are an effective way of investing in the future of your business
- Apprenticeship training nurtures a motivated, flexible and loyal workforce
- The mix of training on the job with a limited amount of time spent at college means apprenticeships genuinely focus on work skills and working life
- Apprentices increase productivity and competitiveness and ensure that you always have skilled staff to run your business
Why choose West Herts College?
We offer a search and matching service. Whatever your needs, we can help you find suitable candidates for interview. We’ll support you every step of the way and visit you regularly to assess work and monitor the progress of our apprentices.
For more information on recruiting an apprentice call 01923 812345 or email firstname.lastname@example.org